Does Your Thermostat NeedBatteries?
If youve been living in your home for awhile now Im sure youre aware as to whether or not your thermostat takes batteries. If youre living in a new environment you may be unaware of your stats current situation. Some thermostats run off of your HVAC system, whereas others require regular battery changes. Its best if your thermostat does require batteries to change them out annual to ensure youre not stuck with a cold house while youre out and about. Heres some tips regarding replacing the batteries of your thermostat:
- Start by switching the thermostat off.
- Gently snap off the thermostat housing from the wall mount. Some models may slide up and off the wall mount bracket.
- You may need a screwdriver to remove the cover to the battery. Thermostats typically use standard AA, AAA, 9-volt or 3V lithium batteries.
- Remove the old battery and replace with a fresh new one in the same direction (i.e. noting the + and indicators for AA and AAA batteries).
- If you noticed the wall mount place was a little loose, tighten with a screwdriver. Its important that the thermostat remain level and firmly mounted.